Embrace In-House Dining (aka Food.com)

Embrace In-House Dining (aka Food.com)

When you are in a rush and realize you have not eaten it might be the best time to conclude in-house dining has its benefits. The main one being it is convenient. Out of my cohort I am probably the person that spent a good portion of time there at Food.com:  the in-house restaurant at Newhouse.

I always liked it because for me it fit everything I needed, it was in proximity and if I had time I could go either before or after class. It did what I needed with what I felt was a little bit of everything from healthy drinks or a quick bite. I went so often that I began to have favorites that I would purchase essentially on a daily basis. Now why am I talking about an in-house restaurant? Because I think sometimes we all have the tendency to become complacent and feel something is supposed to be there when that is not necessarily the case. I think of places like Food.com as a thoughtful gesture. It represents realizing that students, the serious ones anyway, are going to spend a lot of time in their learning place. So, here’s a place that gives a little bit of everything or at least makes the attempt to and reflects the schedule of most students by its hours of operation.

So, when you are mentally preparing to make a deadline or working out an assignment that you do not know what to deal with stop by. Try a fruit smoothie at the smoothie station or a great cool flavored tea. Let it refresh your mind and calm you down if in fact you just want to throw up your hands. If you have a sweet tooth and care to indulge you will find a new appreciation for a donut or piece of cake just waiting for you in the refrigerator section or by the hot coffee area. You might also enjoy the two main food stations. One is known for its burritos and rice bowls and the other for wraps made to order.

Food.com is there when you need it, this is not a mandate for you to support it. Just know that if you are hungry and do not have the time to run out to even across the street, here’s a place that will look out for you with your mind on your next assignment.

Camille Daniels